Problem with button shortcode

Support Area Forums Foundation Problem with button shortcode

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Katie Dawson
    Participant

Hi, when I use the following button shortcode

[button label=”Order Online Here” url=”https://squareup.com/market/iowa-annual-conf-umc”%5D

it only publishes the text above and not the actual button.

It is also adding some characters to the header.

Any ideas?

Bill Robbins

That’s not what we’re expecting to see. Any chance you could send over the URL to the page where you’re having trouble so I can take a look for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

That’s not what we’re expecting to see. Any chance you could send over the URL to the page where you’re having trouble so I can take a look for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Katie Dawson
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Thanks Katie,

It looks like you’re running an older of the Foundation theme that didn’t have the button shortcode function built into it yet. You could always add in a button manually. Switch to the Text editor from the Visual one and then enter this instead of the shortcode:

That will create a button there for you.

You could also download the updated version of the theme from the right hand column here on our support site and install it.

The extra characters at the top of the screen are from the page’s description. It looks like something is overriding the function that’s used there to create the description.

What I would suggest doing is go to the Theme Options page and select the General Options tab. On that tab, select to not use the built in SEO and save your options. Then install a SEO plugin like WordPress SEO by Yoast to handle the titles and descriptions for your pages.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with button shortcode’ is closed to new replies.