Preview button not working?!

Support Area Forums Live Preview button not working?!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Micah Hensley
    Participant

Hi Bill!
    Not to long ago something happened to where when creating a post or page…on the user author/administrator side, when you hit “Preview Changes” it takes me to a file not found page instead of my preview! It didn’t use to do that and the other site with your theme i’m using doesn’t do that….any ideas what may be causing something like this?

Micah Hensley
    Participant

correction…it works for the preview of blog posts…just not pages?!

Bill Robbins

Micah,

Whenever I see not found errors in WordPress, my first thought is that there is a permalink problem. Try going to Settings > Permalinks and setting them back to the default. See if they work now. If they do, then try changing them back to what they were and see if that works. It may be they just needed to be saved again to clear them out.

If that’s not it, try disabling all your plugins and see if it works. If it doesn’t, then try using one of the default themes too. Should the preview still not be working then let me know and we’ll try going from there.

Bill

Micah Hensley
    Participant

Hey Bill,
    Ok i did all that. Changing permalinks didn’t do it and neither did de-activating the plug ins. The only thing that did was changing to one of their themes. I did 2014…so where do we go from here?

Bill Robbins

I really don’t know. I’ve never seen nor heard of that happening before. If you want to send over a login, I can take a look and see if I can uncover anything.

Micah Hensley
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Hey Micah,

I just had a chance to take a look and it appears to me that they’re working. I tried previewing the drafts of Financial Peace University and Giving and both pulled up their respective pages. Can you check again for me and see if they work now?

Thanks,
    Bill

Micah Hensley
    Participant

for some reason on a page thats still a draft…it works…for pages that have been published…not so much?

Bill Robbins

You’ve got me there Micah. I have no idea. I can truly say that’s one feature of WordPress, I’ve never really used. I do preview posts some before they are published, but never to see changes.

You might try the Front End Editor plugin. It’s a feature as a plugin that’s being developed that they hope to roll into the WordPress core at some point. In a sense it is a live preview of your changes since you’re making them on the front end of your site. I haven’t tried it out, but I saw a demo at a WordPress meet-up last week and it seems promising. Just a thought.

Micah Hensley
    Participant

Ok, no biggie. I just bring up the page to look at it and it works just an extra step but no big deal! thanks for the assist! I may be trying to move my personal site over to one of your themes. gonna set up a test subdomain first to see if it will work like i need it to! got a blog theme in the pipe anywhere?! 🙂

thanks again!

Bill Robbins

Sorry to not have a better answer for you. The only blogging focused theme I have is called Simple & Clean (http://demo.organizedthemes.com/simple/) which you’re welcome to give a try. It’s pretty straight forward.

I also really like the blog in the Selfie theme (http://demo.organizedthemes.com/selfie/blog/). Most likely I’m going to switch my personal site over to this one and just use the front page template.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Preview button not working?!’ is closed to new replies.