powered by still not removed

Support Area Forums Elite powered by still not removed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    sensei m
    Participant

Hi …in the last ticket I sent you said “Back to the CSS snippet, go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste that in there.”
    And I did that but there was no change

I figured you meant for me to put this code in Custom CSS

.site-poweredby {
    text-indent: -9999px;
    }

1.] but it didnt work

2.] And now my homepage is all out of wack. can you take a look

meandmommystuff.com

Bill Robbins

Good Morning,

In the Elite theme, there is an option to change the text in the right hand side of the footer. To do that, go to the Theme Options page and select the Footer tab.

The field there labeled “Custom Footer Right” is for the right hand side of your footer. To have it be completely empty, enter this there:

which is the HTML code for a space. Then update your settings. That should leave the right hand side empty for you.

If you’d rather hide it via CSS, you can do that too. Go to the Advanced tab in the Theme Options page and paste this in the Custom CSS box:

#footer-right {
         display: none;
    }

and update your settings.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know,
    Bill

sensei m
    Participant

Okay thank you on that.
    What can I do to fix my homepage it is messed up. everything is on top of each other and the pic background ( which i set as featured image) is gone. which worked fine before…My template is set to Home and my format is set to Image

meandmommystuff.com

Bill Robbins

Just to make sure we’re seeing the same thing, I’ve attached a screenshot of what I see on your home page. Is that different than what you see and what you’re expecting?

sensei m
    Participant

Thats what it should be but this is what it looks like on my end

sensei m
    Participant

Im trying to post a picture so u can see it

Bill Robbins

That is bizarre. I can see it do that in IE 8 on your site. I made a copy of your source code to test it out to see why it was doing that and stingily it worked from my server. Here’s the copy — http://billrobbinsdesign.com/test/me.html — no changes to the code at all.

Any chance you could email a login to your site to support@organizedthemes.com so I can take a closer look at thing? Typically I would just use the copied code to find a solution, but that’s not working this time around.

sensei m
    Participant

ok, sent thanks!

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the link. Here’s what I added to the Custom CSS box in the theme options that seems to have done the trick here:

.ie8 .home #hero-section { height: 100% !important; }

.ie8 .home .hero-copy  {
         position: absolute;
         top: 40%;
         width: 80%;
         left: 10%;
    }

.ie8 #header { background-color: #000 }

I also turned back on the WP Super Cache plugin and disabled the caching in the plugin. Often times disabling the plugin doesn’t disable the caching for some reason. When you’re ready to turn it back on, be sure to do that.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

sensei m
    Participant

Hey Bill
    still, nothing has changed on my end =/

Bill Robbins

As I’m checking again this morning, here’s a screenshot from Internet Explorer of what I’m seeing. What’s showing up on your end?

sensei m
    Participant

Okay as off today I see the change on the homepage. It is back to normal but not the other pages. (I will provide screenshots )
    All the pages have the same problem. I will show you screen shots of the Blog page for an example of what i see on all

pic 1. Only logo, Missing black nav bar
    pic2. Not until I go to click Blog can you see the word blog. And you see no content until…pic 3=
    pic3. Not until i scroll down can you see the blog page (everything was pushed down)

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

I think I’ve finally gotten to the root of the trouble here. For some reason on your site, Internet Explorer is ignoring any classes that are added to the body tag. In this theme, we use them to make changes when using the image format, the video format and the gallery format and also for the blog archive to adjust the hero section at the top of the site.

If I add styles without a body class, then IE will apply it. If I add them along with a body class, IE ignores it. I’ve never seen that before and can’t duplicate it outside of your server.

I changed the hero-section file in the theme which I think will help it work across your site in IE without needing the body classes to work as they should.

If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Bill

sensei m
    Participant

Thank you!!

I really am so appreciative of your help and patience! Other supports are not as patient and kind as you.

Thank you!

Bill Robbins

Always glad to help out. Have a great weekend!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘powered by still not removed’ is closed to new replies.