"Post" widget

Support Area Forums Moonrise "Post" widget

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://a6f.340.myftpupload.com/blog/
  • Author
    Gisella
    Participant

And…just one more question from me today.

Blog posts appear on the left, as I expected.

Now how can I get anything to appear on the right side? I tried to add a Facebook widget and a Tag Cloud in the Post widget but nothing seem to happen – I guess I’m missing something!

Thanks again,

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Gisella,

Fantastic question. The post sidebar appears on individual posts. To add widgets to the actual blog page, add them to the default sidebar.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Gisella
    Participant

Hello Bill,

actually I had tried that before but the widget appeared both on posts and pages- where I didnt’ want them.
    Now I checked it again and noticed that I can choose full-width template instead of standard for pages so…problem solved, thanks!

Bill Robbins

Glad you found a solution.

What I’ve started doing in themes is actually reducing the number of sidebars. There are so many good widget and sidebar manager plugins out there now, that’s usually better for the users to define the views themselves.

There is a nice widget visibility module that’s part of the Jetpack plugin. It lets you choose where a specific widget will be seen on the site and where it won’t.

There are also plugins like Content Aware Sidebars that let you create new sidebars and choose where they will be seen.

Ultimately those give the most flexibility. If you want to go that route with Moonrise, you could only use the default and then hide/show widgets as you’d like to.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘"Post" widget’ is closed to new replies.