Post via e-mail

Support Area Forums Foundation Post via e-mail

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Richard Oliver
    Participant

I searched the forum for Post via e-mail, but did not find anything. How does this work? I created an e-mail for only the blog. I entered the information In writing under settings, I created a category and set that as what should display. Is there anywhere with a more detailed explanation on how to do the Post via e-mail? Like a step by step?

Richard Oliver
    Participant

Oh i forgot to add that we do actually have a site now
    whedea.org

Bill Robbins

Richard,

Good question. To be fair I have not used the post by email feature before so I don’t have any personal experience to draw on. There is an article in the WordPress Codex about how to set it up at http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_to_your_blog_using_email. I’d suggest starting there.

Basically you’ll need to create an obscure email address that will only be used for posting (you wouldn’t want any spam email to be posted for example). You’ll need an email account that has POP3 access as this is the method WordPress uses to retrieve new emails.

Once you have your address set up, you’ll either need to add a bit of code from the Codex page or either install the recommended plugin so your site will check for new emails.

Let me know if you need any help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Post via e-mail’ is closed to new replies.