Post not showing up in slider.

Support Area Forums Foundation Post not showing up in slider.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    JD Sullivan
    Participant

I created a post. I am having trouble getting it to show up in the slider.

Bill Robbins

Thank you for your business first of all. Great question too. I have a quick video that shows how our sliders work. It’s made with our Progress theme, but the method is essentially the same across the themes.

For the Foundation theme, you’ll also want to create a home page so that your slides are visible. There are instructions on how to do that in the theme documentation.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

JD Sullivan
    Participant

Thanks Bill for the quick response. That means a lot to me.
    OK, so I did exactly what the theme documentation says. I created a page, named it Home, put in some content “This is the home page,” In page attributes>template I selected “Home Page”. In addition, I selected “Video” as the format. And I put the vimeo embed code in the Video Embed Code box. And saved it. Then I went to settings>Reading and selected static page, set to Home Page. Nothing is selected for Posts page as I haven’t decided on that just yet where I want to put that. I’ve worked with the static home page feature in the past, so this is not new to me.

In spite of doing all that, all I see on the home page is the Call To Action Widget. I’m expecting to see the video show up to the left of it, but it’s not there. I do notice that it looks like the slider is hiding under the navigation bar.

So, I checked out your video and discovered where the problem is. Once I added the embedded video as a slide, it works!

I like how you give additional info in your video, such as how the description is arbitrary and won’t show up on the site. So often, little details like that are not included and I find that I encounter so many unknowns to decide on, so it helps that you provide that as well. Thanks.

Bill Robbins

JD,

Sorry for the long road to finding your video slide, but I’m happy you were able to get it working. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Post not showing up in slider.’ is closed to new replies.