Post not on front page,

Support Area Forums Foundation Post not on front page,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Teresa Bembury
    Participant

Greetings,
    I’m new to Organized themes and working on 2nd WordPress site using Foundation Theme.
    Please advise on the 2 challenges that are driving me crazy about now 🙂

Challenge#1: As in the demo there are 3 post on OPENING/HOME page- my settings are set to show 2 post, however I’m only getting one. .

Challenge#2: When I click on visit site from Dashboard, I get the front screen I expect, (with video, message on side, donation bar, etc.. – similar to the demo.
    HOWEVER When I click on HOME LINK after previewing other links I get a totally different page- which is blank- and a big ole word HOME on top left.

I’m confused, I beg your advice.
    Here’s my link if that helps http://powerfulparentsllc.org/

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Teresa,

Thank you for your business first of all. Let me see if I can help you out with your troubles.

Home Page Posts
    It looks like only one post is published in the category you have selected for your home page (the updates category). When I view category directly at http://powerfulparentsllc.org/?cat=4, it’s showing one post there too. So I’d check to make sure that both posts are in the same category and that both are set to published. If they’re both in that category and both are published, let me know.

Home Page Link
    Many of my themes have a built in home page that’s generated from a template file called home.php. That actually means you don’t have to actually create a page called “home” like you sometimes have to do with other themes.

To add a menu item for the default home page, here’s what to do. Go to the navigation builder (appearance > menu). In the left hand column look for the pages section. Click the “View All” link and WordPress will add a “home” link that you can add. Place that in your navigation and you should have a link that works as expected.

If you have any other trouble, please feel free to ask.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Teresa Bembury
    Participant

Bill, You are super amazing!!! This is my second question to Organized themes, and both times you answered immediately..
    Do you know how happy that makes me 🙂

Keep up the great work…

Bill Robbins

I love happy customers 🙂 Enjoy your weekend and let me know if you need any other help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Post not on front page,’ is closed to new replies.