Post gallery section broken?

Support Area Forums Photobug Post gallery section broken?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Dale Anderson
    Participant

This is a fairly fresh install, running WP 3.7.1

On any of my posts, the “Update Gallery” button does nothing, and the “remove image” links are broken, and do nothing.

See screenshot for details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments:
    Dale Anderson
    Participant

Also,

There doesn’t seem to be any way to add images to a gallery other than uploading them. I don’t see any way to add existing images to a gallery.

Bill Robbins

Dale,

Thank you for your business and sorry for the trouble there. It looks like the gallery meta box plugin that the theme uses to show the galleries needed a bit of updating for WordPress 3.7+. Here’s how to add that to your current site:

1. Go to the Plugins section of your WordPress control panel and select Add New.
    2. Search for and install/activate the WP Editor plugin. That will add in a new theme editor that will allow you to make the necessary changes.
    3. Go to the Appearance section and select Theme Editor.
    4. On the right hand side, click on the includes folder and then the gallery-meta folder inside it. Then choose the gallery-metabox.php file there.
    5. Replace all the content in the file with this:
    6. Save your changes.

That should let the metabox work again for you. You’ll be able to upload image via it, rearrange or remove them too.

If you’d like to add an existing image from your Media Library, you can do that too. What you’ll want to do is click the “Upload Images” button and find the images you’d like to add. Insert them into your post and then update your post. Then you can remove them from the content of your post, but they will remain in your gallery for you to use.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Dale Anderson
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply, Bill. I’ll give this a whirl and let you know if there are any problems.

Has this patch made it into the main theme download as well? Or do I need to keep a local copy of it?

Dale

Bill Robbins

Dale,

Do let me know if you run into any trouble. I would appreciate it. The patch is going into the theme update that will be released today so you don’t have to worry about keeping a local copy. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Post gallery section broken?’ is closed to new replies.