Post Archive Picture Display

Support Area Forums Epic Post Archive Picture Display

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Samuel
    Participant

Bill:

Another quick question

This link – http://www.harbourfellowship.com/category/featured-article – shows a list of blog posts – they are in summary format (which we prefer)

However, the image displayed is the original size one.

Is there a way to automatically reformat the image so that it become only a thumbnail?

This would help to make each post in the list more uniform and stop the large images from taking up too much space.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill Robbins

Samuel,

You can change the size of the image that’s displayed in the blog archive. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the appearance section of your WordPress control panel and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose archive.php
    3. Find this spot:

and change the archive to secondary
    4. Save your changes.

That will change the image from being a maximum of 580 pixels square to 296 pixels wide by 197 pixels tall.

If you need any help, just let me know,
    Bill

Samuel
    Participant

Bill – worked great. thanks

One more questions

In other themes we were able to adjust the color code of the “I’m new” menu button by changing the CSS Classes in the Menus panel.

Is it possible, to set a Distinctive Color for that one menu button that would be different/Distinctive from the widget titles and backgrounds?

Bill Robbins

Samuel,

You can make an individual menu item unique. You could paste this in the box for Custom CSS in the styling section of the theme options page:

li#menu-item-2386 a {
    background-color: #414141;
    color: #ffffff;
    padding-bottom: 3px;
    }

That will target the “I’m New” link in your menu specifically. If you’d like a different color, just replace the ones above with the color you’d like to use.

If you need any help, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Post Archive Picture Display’ is closed to new replies.