Possible to remove blog section? Background photo resize? Font prices?

Support Area Forums Foxy Possible to remove blog section? Background photo resize? Font prices?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Allie Yocum
    Participant

Hey there. Completely new to this- so please forgive me for my lousy lingo. : )

Ideally, I’d like to just have the title and link/button menu to the left on the home page- without the blog posts smack in the middle. How can I get rid of the blog box? (I do want to have the blog elsewhere, but not on the very first page.) I prefer the photos to be showcased here more than text.

(If you give me some sort of code (See how awesome I am at building websites? ; ) – will this effect the other pages if I end up wanting to blog on them? I just don’t want to botch the whole thing.) : )

As far as photos go for the slide show, I’ve only had success with my horizontal photos… portrait vertical photos end up being enormous… and I’ve had no luck even when trying to resize them. Just giant ears and tongues on the slide. Gross. Any tips? Or do I just need to stick to my horizontals?

Lastly, I saw the font used on the demo is around 50 bucks to purchase- Any other sites that are more affordable?

Thanks so much. I really am enjoying the theme and experience– but it has sure put me in my place!

Allie
    The site can be viewed at http://www.thepainteddogs.com/tryagainyaya/

Bill Robbins

Allie,

I think I found some of your other posts prior this one.

The font is pricy. I often use Veer’s preview feature to let try out fonts in my designs/sites before I buy them. The preview actually creates a PNG image that you can drag to your desktop and then upload it to see how it looks. That way you’re not out any money for fonts that don’t fit your needs after all.

Enjoy your weekend, and I can do anything else just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Possible to remove blog section? Background photo resize? Font prices?’ is closed to new replies.