Portfolio Groups

Support Area Forums Selfie Portfolio Groups

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.henrymartes.com/2014
  • Author
    henry martes
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to show only the home blocks for a specific portfolio group? I want users to be able to filter down/ navigate to section without having to do double the work and create home page block and a separate post under a category.

thanks,

henry

Bill Robbins

Hello Henry,

Great question. You can show only specific portfolio groups if you’d like to. First add the home blocks you’d like to show together to the appropriate portfolio groups.

Then go to the menu section. Look in the left hand column and you should see portfolio groups there. If you don’t, click on the screen options tab in the top right hand corner and make sure the box next to portfolio groups is checked.

Then you should be able to add then to your navigation menu. When someone clicks on that link they’ll see blocks that are only in that group.

See how that works for you and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Bill

henry martes
    Participant

Thanks Bill,

I tried doing this previously, I figured this is how its supposed to work but when i do it the links in the menu lead to a 404 page. Check it out henrymartes.com/2014

Bill Robbins

You may need to do this too then. Go to the Settings section and select Permalinks.

Scroll down to the bottom of this screen and save your changes. Wait for the page to refresh and save your changes again.

That should clear out the permalink cache which is commonly to blame when custom taxonomies like this lead to not found errors.

If that doesn’t do the trick, then let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

henry martes
    Participant

Hey Bill,

Thanks! this worked.

Cheers,

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Portfolio Groups’ is closed to new replies.