Pop-Ups

Support Area Forums Foundation Pop-Ups

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://thisisgoodwork.org/
  • Author
    Richard Barber
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    I’m wondering if there have been any reports of unwanted pop-up ads appearing on any sites using the Foundation theme recently?

The pop-up ads appear intermittently when I click the social media icons in the header area of our website. I’ve ran scans on my anti-virus software to no avail and also checked for any unwanted extensions. Neither option managed to fix the issue. I use Chrome so not sure if this happens with other browsers?

At this stage I’m not sure if this issue affects other users or if it’s occurring on my PC only? If it turns out to be just my own PC then, obviously, I’ll need to try and tackle this from my end!

I should also point out that the theme has been modified somewhat.

Hope you can help!

Many thanks,

Richard.

Bill Robbins

Hello Richard,

I received your request while waiting in line so I took a look on my phone. When I clicked on the Facebook link, I was redirected to an app download.

When I got back home, I tried on my Mac and I didn’t run into any trouble. I took a quick look at the source of the page. Minimizing is great for machines, but it makes reading quite tough for me as a person. I didn’t see anything that looked like it was out of place, but it would have been easy to miss.

I did run a scan of the site at https://sitecheck.sucuri.net and it didn’t turn up anything.

It does sound likely that there has been some code injected. I’m not sure where it’s hiding or how it got there. If I can help out, let me know.

Sorry about that,
    Bill

Richard Barber
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    Thanks for the info! I’ll take a look at this end and see if I can find anything.

Cheers,

Richard.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Pop-Ups’ is closed to new replies.