Podcasts not playing again

Support Area Forums Epic Podcasts not playing again

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://lifescc.net
  • Author
    John Baker
    Participant

Had this trouble a while ago and found ie9 was problem. Now the podcasts we upload won’t play on ie, chrome, or sefari. It just shows a blank line where the player would be or it shows the player but doesn’t do anything (in chrome). I also found that sense out troubles began several months ago none of our podcasts have been uploading or showing up in iTunes. Everything prior to the thanksgiving services seem to work and are on iTunes but then something must have changed and it all stopped working. I’ve compared all the settings of the ones that worked to the ones that don’t and they seem to be identical so not sure what is happening.

John Baker
    Participant

Sorry to bother you. I spent 2 hours fighting with this before going home. Finally sent you previous email. Now at home on my laptop things seem to be working. One problem is we were not directing podcast to actual .mp3 file. Second issue, for whatever reason the podcast stuff doesn’t seem to work with internet explorer 9. I am using a vista home premium OS and I can’t upgrade ie9 any further (that I know of). My laptop uses ie11 and things seem to work. The google chrome issue is still a bit mysterious but now it is even working on chrome (even at my office computer).

Bill Robbins

Hello John,

Interesting situation. If the files prior to Thanksgiving play both on the website and iTunes, but the ones afterwards don’t, I would look at the files themselves.

A few months ago, the messages at our church also stopped playing. We tracked the source to the files no longer being recorded as MP3s but still specified as MP3s in the podcast episode.

You might look at the message files since Thanksgiving and see if there is anything different about them.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Podcasts not playing again’ is closed to new replies.