Podcasts

Support Area Forums Kerygma Podcasts

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.fathershouseafc.com
  • Author
    Susan Gaddis
    Participant

Good morning. We have set up our podcasts and our podcast feed page. With our old site, we used an ftp program and the podcasts came right to the site and were automatically on the podcast page just by dragging them from one location to the other in the ftp program. That allowed the current sermon to be on the site within minutes of the sermon being preached. Is there a way we can have our site set up that way with this theme? Currently I am having to go to the computer where the sermon is recorded and use a thumbdrive to then take the sermon to my computer and upload it as a podcast. This happens on Tuesday after the Sunday sermon. That isn’t very convenient for people who miss Sunday service and want to hear the sermon right away.

Bill Robbins

Good Afternoon,

Excellent question. You do have to actually create a podcast episode inside of WordPress in order for everything to work as we need it to.

But you don’t have to wait until after the message is finished to create the podcast episode. What you can do is create it before Sunday. Plan ahead what the URL to your message file will be and add that to the podcast episode. The upload field will take a URL; you don’t actually have to upload the file there.

Then look where you would normally publish the file. You can change the date there to a date in the future after you know the message file will have been uploaded. Say Sunday afternoon or evening. That will change the publish button to say “schedule” instead of “publish.” So when that date and time rolls around, WordPress will automatically publish your podcast episode without you having to do anything else.

So that’ll let you upload your messages via FTP and get them online for your listeners sooner too. That’s how I would approach that if I were in your shoes.

Let me know if I can help out,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Podcasts’ is closed to new replies.