podcast video

Support Area Forums Epic podcast video

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.levittownchristian.com
  • Author
    Jennifer Johnson
    Participant

Thank you for answering my previous question about the audio size. I connected with our host and got that squared away. Now I have a question about the video–I don’t see a place on the new podcast page to upload the video file the way you can upload the audio file—just a place to put the video embed code. I apologize if this is a stupid question, but how do I get the video embed code?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Jennifer,

I’m glad to hear that your host was able to help out there. That’s definitely good news.

There is a spot where you can upload a video file for your message. If you’ll look down just a bit from the spot where you upload the audio file, you’ll see one for the “Message Video File” that you can use to upload your video. That will also connect this podcast to the video podcast feed if you’re using that.

The larger field for the embed code is if you’d like to use a video hosted at YouTube or Vimeo to display the video on the front end of your site. Both of those services will provide you an embed code that you can use there if you’d like to.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Jennifer,

I’m glad to hear that your host was able to help out there. That’s definitely good news.

There is a spot where you can upload a video file for your message. If you’ll look down just a bit from the spot where you upload the audio file, you’ll see one for the “Message Video File” that you can use to upload your video. That will also connect this podcast to the video podcast feed if you’re using that.

The larger field for the embed code is if you’d like to use a video hosted at YouTube or Vimeo to display the video on the front end of your site. Both of those services will provide you an embed code that you can use there if you’d like to.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Jennifer Johnson
    Participant

Thank you for your prompt and helpful response–you and your team are great! Thanks also for the screen shot, as I think it shows the problem. Attached is a screen grab of what I’m seeing–you’ll notice it looks different and there is no place to upload a video file. Help?

Attachments:
    Jennifer Johnson
    Participant

I don’t think the .tiff worked. Here’s a jpg.

Bill Robbins

Hello Jennifer,

I see what’s happening here. It looks like the site is running an older version of the theme. It’s also from before we had dashboard updates available too. What you’ll want to do is click on the downloads link that’s in the right hand column of our support site and download the current version of the theme.

You can then install it like you would a new theme in WordPress. You may have to assign your navigation menu again. But that should give you the extra fields for your message videos. It also adds in dashboard updates so you can update the theme in the future just like you would a plugin.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘podcast video’ is closed to new replies.