podcast video

Support Area Forums Epic podcast video

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.levittownchristian.com/podcast/can-we-trust-the-bible/
  • Author
    Jennifer Johnson
    Participant

I finally got the podcast uploads to work (thank you for your coaching on that!) and successfully uploaded both audio and video. But only the audio is showing up.

http://www.levittownchristian.com/podcast/can-we-trust-the-bible/

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Jennifer,

The video upload field will connect the video podcast feed to iTunes. If you’d like to also display the video on the front end of your site you can do that. When you’re editing a podcast you’ll see a box in the top right hand corner for a video embed code. You can use this box to place the embed code from YouTube, Vimeo or other video service and display it on the front end of your site.

If you’d rather host the videos yourself, you can do that if you don’t mind a small edit to the theme. Here’s what to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose single-podcast.php
    3. Replace everything in the file with this:

(be sure to copy that code directly from the support site and not the notification email)

4. Save your changes.

See if that doesn’t bring up the message video for you. If you have trouble, let me know.

Have a great day,
    Bill

Jennifer Johnson
    Participant

Thanks. I know I have asked a lot of questions recently and I really appreciate your help!

Bill Robbins

Questions are always welcome 🙂

Jennifer Johnson
    Participant

In trying to do this, my IT guy updated the wrong file, which in turn broke the site. He was able to get the front end working again, but the backend is failing. To fix it he needs to download the Epic theme to get the file that he broke. But when he logs in with my log in info, the only theme available for download is Foundation. Please advise.

Bill Robbins

Hey Jennifer,

See if it shows up in the downloads now for you. Let me know if it’s not there.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘podcast video’ is closed to new replies.