Podcast Series Only

Support Area Forums Authentic Podcast Series Only

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Bill,

Quick question on podcasting. I have an archive page set up but I would like to break this down by sermon series. I can do one of two things, have the option from the archive page to choose the series or choose the series from the menu.

Thanks,

Mike

Bill Robbins

At the moment, I only have the full archive page and then the ability to add a message series to your navigation which will create a page for that series.

I’m working on a new church theme at the moment and if I add the ability to have a message series archive (where it lists the series, not the individual episodes directly) I’ll include it here too.

I’ve just got to figure out the best way to set that up.

Mike
    Participant

Thanks Bill. Can I use short code to display the mp3 player you are using in this theme?

There is a plugin called Sermon Browser that I’m sure you have heard of, but it has that functionality. It’s really pretty good as far as features go but I never used it simply because I didn’t like the colors and the outline of the HTML tables were visible. Not knowing HTML well enough it would have taken me longer to figure all that out than it did to come up with another solution.

Thanks,
    Mike

Mike
    Participant

Another question for you. To what extent can I modify the code? I don’t want to break any rules…lol… I saw that on the main archive page I can filter by series and or speaker. I was thinking of trying to add a drop down to the top of the page and allow filtering there, just to make it a little more obvious.

Again thanks for the theme’s and quick attention you give to the support.

Mike

Bill Robbins

Mike,

You’re welcome to make any changes you’d like to. The theme is open source so you’re free to edit it in any way you’d like to.

Drop downs would make filtering the messages a lot easier. If you’d like to make changes to the theme, I’d recommend creating a local WordPress installation on your laptop/desktop so you can more easily and quickly make edits. That’s how I develop our themes and it is a huge time saver. There are instructions on how to do that at http://tentblogger.com/install-wordpress-locally/ if you need help setting that up.

If I can help in any other way, please let me know.

Participant

Bill:

I am wanting to list my podcasts via series also. I see that this string was from a year ago, and wondered if you had conquered your development issues and now had a Series option available?

Thanks, Kim H

Bill Robbins

Kim,

Great question. The Authentic theme does support series. When you’re creating/editing a podcast, if you’ll look in the right hand column, you’ll see a box labeled “series” (and also one for speakers). You can add your series there.

If you’d like to you can also add in your series to the navigation. To do that, go to the Appearance section and select Menu. You may see series on the left (once you’ve added at least one podcast to a series). If you don’t see series there, click “screen options” in the top right hand corner and make sure the checkbox next to it is selected.

Then you can add a series just like you would a page, or category.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Participant

Thanks…this will get me to where I want to go.

Appreciate it! KH

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Podcast Series Only’ is closed to new replies.