Podcast Pages Not Working

Support Area Forums Live Podcast Pages Not Working

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.gatewayruckersville.org
  • Author
    Aaron Evans
    Participant

I am trying to set up a podcast but none of the links are working and the audio won’t play. If I check the file I uploaded – it is playing, just not through the generated podcast page. Then I get a page not found when trying to download the file or view the outline (when they are uploaded properly and on the server).

http://www.gatewayruckersville.org/podcast/purpose-movement/

Bill Robbins

Hello Aaron,

Sorry for the trouble there. Let’s tackle the not found error first. Most of the time when you have one of those in WordPress for something you know is there, the permalinks need to be saved again. Go to the settings section in your WordPress control panel and choose permalinks. Choose one of the options other than the default. I would suggest the post name option. Then scroll down to the bottom and save your changes. Even if you’ve already selected post name, go on and save the options. When you save these, it clears out the permalink cache and hopefully that will let things be found like they should be.

For the audio, it looks like the “attachment page” has been picked up instead of the actual file. When you’re uploading the file in the pop-up box, there is a field labeled link URL. Click on the one that says “File URL” before you “use as message audio” button and save your changes.

To double check that it did the correct thing, you’ll notice a URL in the field for the message audio file. Make sure that ends in the file name of the file you uploaded, something like message.mp3

Let me know if either of those doesn’t get things on track for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Hey Aaron,

It looks like somewhere in a previous update to the theme the download.php file was inadvertently removed. I just added it back in and released an update to the theme. It should show up in your dashboard soon. That should resolve the download files not being found for you.

Let me know if run into any more trouble.

Enjoy your Saturday,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Let’s check and make sure updates are enabled. Go to the theme options page and choose the “General Options” tab. Scroll down to the bottom and make sure the box next to disable theme updates is not checked and then update your settings. Then go to the updates page and refresh the page.

If you still can’t get it that way. You can always delete the theme from your site, download a fresh copy from our support site and install it. That’s another way to make an update.

Let me know if you have trouble. I’ll be back around on Monday.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Podcast Pages Not Working’ is closed to new replies.