Podcast "Listen"

Support Area Forums Kerygma Podcast "Listen"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    plsmith
    Participant

Hey Bill,

I am trying to get my podcast to play from the series page. Before, visitors were able to click listen and the podcast would begin playing within that page. Now when visitors click listen they are re-routed to another page to click on “listen” again and then re-routed to another page to what appears to download the podcast.
    Also, I’m not sure if the download is working correctly either. Should it truly download the podcast to your computer or just take you to another webpage to listen to the podcast?

Couple of Questions:
    1. How could we enable viewers to listen straight from the sermon series page. Listen without being re-routed.

2. How can we enable our podcast to be downloaded onto a visitors cpu, if they so desired.

Thanks so much,

Bill Robbins

Hi Parker,

Good questions there. For the direct downloading, that will be added to Kerygma in the two to three weeks. I have a new church theme that is being released this week. Often when I release a new theme in a niche of mine, some of the new features make their way into previous themes. A direct download function is one of those things that will be coming to Kerygma.

You’re welcome to incorporate the media player into the podcast list. It’s not something that I’ve tried, but I would imagine it would work. It would be something like this:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose podcast-item.php
    3. Replace everything there with this:

(Be sure to visit the support site to copy that code directly)

4. Save your changes.

That should add in the audio player to the listing views for you. If you have any trouble, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Podcast "Listen"’ is closed to new replies.