Podcast Listen Not Displaying Properly

Support Area Forums Live Podcast Listen Not Displaying Properly

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.gatewayruckersville.org/podcast/
  • Author
    Aaron Evans
    Participant

I’m not sure how long this has been an issue because you helped us fix our prior issue with podcasts but apparently after an update in recent weeks the podcast page now looks like the attached image when you click listen. Do you know of a fix for this? Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Aaron,

Great question there. WordPress 4.1 made a change to the bundled media player that required a theme update. If you’ll update your theme to the current version (3.2.9) that should fix the trouble for you. You should be able to find the update in the updates section of your dashboard.

If you run into any trouble, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Aaron Evans
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Occasionally there will be a server that balks at our updates. You can still make the update, it’s just a bit more trouble. You’ll need to use a FTP program. Your web host’s control panel should have a recommended one and also credentials to log into your server that way.

Download the current version of the theme from our downloads section (https://support.organizedthemes.com/downloads/) and unzip the live.zip file. Then use the FTP program to browse to the wp-content/themes/ folder on your server. Upload the live folder you’ve just unzipped to that directory. It will overwrite the existing theme files and make the update for you. It wasn’t all that long ago that this was the only way to install a WordPress theme. Thankfully we don’t have to do this much anymore.

If you run into trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Aaron Evans
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

I’m glad that fixed it for you. The only situation I’ve run into where automatic updates are not available are when the site is part of a “multi-site” WordPress installation. Because of how those differ from individual WordPress sites, the update feature can’t work.

It may be possible that there is another situation that prevents it, but I haven’t encountered it yet. If your server isn’t running a multi-site installation, then I’m afraid I don’t know what is prohibiting the update notices.

The update system is not a creation of my own, but I do keep up with its development. When updates are made to the system I do implement them. Since he works with many developers he has a good idea of limitations and works to overcome them.

If I can help, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Podcast Listen Not Displaying Properly’ is closed to new replies.