Podcast layout

Support Area Forums Kerygma Podcast layout

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Participant

I love, the podcasting, sermon series portion of this kerg.

is this a plug-in that i can use for another template? can i perhaps purchase JUST that part?

please ask if you need me to clarify.

Bill Robbins

Hey Zac,

Just about anything can be done. Pulling that out of the theme would take a pretty good bit of work for someone who’s comfortable with php files in WordPress. If I was to rate the difficulty, I’d put in the intermediate to slightly harder range. It’s not a plug and play component that you could just copy a file over to include.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bill

Participant

So, Impossible?

Our student website for our church Eastsidestudents.com (the one i’ve been working on with you for a few monnths) has been a huge success and gotten a lot of attention at our church. Consequently i’ve been tasked with redoing our main church website.

the problem is that im locked into using the current theme they paid for.. you know how it goes, im sure. Idealy i would love to have the Podcasting section of Kergyma for our site.

please let me know what we would have to do to make this possible.

Bill Robbins

I completely understand how that ends up happening. That was basically the first two steps on my journey from being an assistant pastor to running my own theme shop.

Most likely very possible. I would suggest making a child theme for the new site if there isn’t one already. Then copy a few items out of the Kerygma theme and add them to the child theme. From the includes folder you’ll need to copy over the custom-meta-boxes folder and the post-types folder and the taxonomy-images.php file. You’ll need to load those files in the child theme’s functions.php file with lines like this:

`
    include(get_stylesheet_directory().”/includes/taxonomy-images.php”);
    include(get_stylesheet_directory().”/includes/post-types/podcast.php”);
    include(get_stylesheet_directory().”/includes/custom-meta-boxes/kerygma.php”);
    `

That’ll move over the back-end items. Then you’ll need to create a page template to display them on the site. If the church’s theme has a full width page template, you could copy it to the child theme and then take insides out of the page-series-list.php file and place it in that file. You could then try copying the CSS for that section out of Kerygma’s style.css file into the child theme. Add a series and see how it goes. You’ll still need to copy over the single-podcast.php file too.

If it’s something that ends up being outside what you feel comfortable integrating, I can help out. That would be outside what’s included in our support, but I can take a closer look at it and give you a quote on making the changes for you.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Podcast layout’ is closed to new replies.