Podcast Help needed

Support Area Forums Kerygma Podcast Help needed

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.ifatradition.com
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,
    I am trying to set up podcasts for individual selection, but no matter what choices I have for “template” I can’t get the podcast page to work. I get an error message (screenshot attached). Moving forward I would like to load each lesson for subscribers to our site, and I need to make sure they can find the podcasts. Can you please help me with the “podcast” area of the Kerygma template?
    Thank you in advance

Bill Robbins

Hello Carmelita,

That is a bit perplexing.

In the demo, the podcast page is created with the Podcast Series List page template. It lists all the series that have podcast published in them. In order to have anything display in this template, you need to have both a series published, and a message that’s assigned to that series also published.

The individual podcast archive is another template. It will display individual messages regardless of series. It also does require that a podcast episode be published in order to display correctly.

The Podcast Audio Feed and Podcast Video Feed templates are made to produce a valid RSS feed for your podcast episodes. They can be submitted to iTunes or another podcast site so that people can subscribe to your feeds. These two don’t sever any purpose on the front end of your site other than to create those feeds.

Another common reason for not found errors in WordPress are permalink troubles. To rule that out, go to the Settings section in your Dashboard and choose permalinks. Choose “Post Name” from the list there and update your settings.

That actually clears up about 95% of not found errors in WordPress.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Podcast Help needed’ is closed to new replies.