podcast format with youtube videos -possible?

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual podcast format with youtube videos -possible?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    paris
    Participant

Hello,

I have a lot of videos that are hosted on youtube that I would like to put in the podcast page format. Its looks very nice and clean. Despite my enthusiasm, I am having a few problems ….because I don’t know how to use the settings. I don’t have a “speaker” and I don’t want the videos to be downloadable. I basically want to have my videos laid out in a nice way, and ideally, i would like users to be able to pop out the videos or link back to my youtube account.

What are the podcast settings that I need to put in place to make this work? Do have to create a new “podcast” for each youtube video? Do you just recommend using a plugin instead? I am worried that if I use a plugin it will not work on mobile devices.

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Great question. You can use a video for your podcast. To do that you’ll want to paste the embed code for your video in the box in the top right hand corner and also choose the “video” format.

Once you publish your podcast, it will look like this in your podcast archive:

The only catch to this is iTunes won’t list this as a podcast episode. You have to actually include the podcast file for that to happen. You can’t use a service like YouTube or Vimeo since iTunes can’t download those files for subscribers.

If you have any questions, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘podcast format with youtube videos -possible?’ is closed to new replies.