Podcast

Support Area Forums Kerygma Podcast

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://agapebaptist.com
  • Author
    plsmith
    Participant

I’m having some trouble with getting podcast to display/work correctly. The best I can do is add media through white text box on the page…the podcast media tabs are not working so I cannot add the podcast there or give proper information such as author, etc.

Any ideas? Is there a specific media player or plugin that I need to add for them to work correctly or should it work within the theme?

Also, when adding a series, the most current created series is the series that displays on the home page. Is there a way to change that? For instance, I would like to get the current sermon series on the site and then work on back dated material in the coming weeks.

Last question – how would create a page for sermon series that can display all sermon series?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Parker,

Let’s see if we can figure out what’s happening here. I’ve attached a screenshot of what the “Add Podcast” screen should look like. If you don’t see the box for the podcast files, click on the Screen Options tab in the top right hand corner and make sure the box next to “Podcast Files” is checked.

If you’re seeing something different there let me know. If something’s not working there, let me know. When you click the “Add or upload file” button it should pop open the WordPress media library where you can add or insert media.

For displaying the series, you’ll want to create a page for them. While you’re making that page, look in the right hand column for a box labeled attributes. There’ll be a drop-down menu there for templates. Choose the “Podcast Series List” template and publish your page. That will create a page that displays your podcast series for the front end of your site.

By default WordPress will list the series in reverse chronological order from when they are created. You can change that though by using a plugin called Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order (https://wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/). It’ll let you rearrange them via drag and drop.

Let me know about the podcasting and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

plsmith
    Participant

The “add or upload file” button does not seem to be working for me. When I click it nothing happens…The only way I can add content is through the “upload media” button, but that seems to be different from the theme and I think that is why it is not displaying correctly.

In addition to the “add or upload” file button not working, the add “add speaker” button is not working either.

I got the new page for Sermon Series, thanks so much. I haven’t tried the plugin to list the series. I have seen a couple of threads on here about that plugin. Will try it in the next little bit.

Almost done, getting the site ready. Thanks for the theme and the help!

Bill Robbins

Any chance you could send over a login so I can take a look at the upload for you? You can mark the reply as private here and I’ll be the only me who can see it.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending that over. I took a look and it appears that the is a “path” problem. Looking at the source code of the podcast page, there were a few errors for missing files (see attached screenshot).

They are pointing to a theme folder name kerygmacopy . On the front end of the site, the files are using a path called kerygma%20copy . In HTML the %20 is for a space.

I think the trouble here is a space in the theme folder’s name. Spaces don’t play well in URL’s and that seems like a likely culprit here.

You can just install the theme again. That should take care of it for you. You may have to assign the navigation menu again to it’s location in the theme. WordPress tracks those by theme folder name.

Let me know if that doesn’t do the trick,
    Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Podcast’ is closed to new replies.