Plugin Conflict

Support Area Forums Elite Plugin Conflict

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.brennanboatbuilding.net
  • Author
    Denisse Roundtree
    Participant

Hello, we have the NextGen Gallery Plugin installed. Yesterday, we made an update to this plugin and it took our website down to where all we could see is a white screen. I contacted NextGen developers and they said that the theme already has a lightbox built-in which may be causing the conflict.

Is it possible to remove the built-in lightbox or is there another gallery plugin you recommend?

Thank you in advance.

Bill Robbins

Hello Denisse,

Sorry for the trouble there. For a photo gallery in WordPress, I would honestly not use a plugin. When NextGen was originally created WordPress didn’t have photo galleries and even after they were added, they weren’t that great.

Now what they offer has improved dramatically. When version 3.9 of WordPress is released next month, they will get even better.

If you do want to go with a plugin you certainly can. There is an option in the Content tab of the theme options page where you can turn off the included lightbox script. I probably wouldn’t go with NextGen, but instead I would go with something that is closer to the gallery that’s in the core. That way you’ll be in better shape for the future.

If I can help, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Denisse Roundtree
    Participant

Thank you very much. I ran a couple tests and just had to remove NextGen altogether. It kept taking the website down even with the lightbox deactivated and even with all other plugins deactivated.

I will just use the WordPress gallery to prevent further problems.

Thank you for your help.

Bill Robbins

I’m always glad to help out. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin Conflict’ is closed to new replies.