Plain Text boxes on home page?

Support Area Forums Foundation Plain Text boxes on home page?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.priorityproductions.com/
  • Author
    Jana Daley
    Participant

Hi Bill –

I’m trying to build a website for my church, and would like to be able to add in 3 columns of plain text below the home page slider and sidebar text. I’ve tried to add in the columns into the HomeBottom widget, since that appears to be more customizable than the top widget.

I’ve tried to do that using both Site Origin’s Pagebuilder widget, and a simple visual editor widget. But all of them end up to the right of what I assume is a built in column, although it doesn’t show up in any widget editor that I can see.

I’m totally new to WordPress, so I’m learning a lot, but obviously not enough. Can you help me figure out how to add 3 columns of text, each the same height and width?

Thanks,
    Jana

Bill Robbins

Hello Jana,

Great question. I would go about that by adding three text widgets to the home bottom widget area. By default they’ll form 3 columns for you. The height will be dependent on the amount of content in each, but we can override that if they end up being different from one another.

Let me know how it goes.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Jana Daley
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response Bill! Sadly, that gives me a box with the same design aspects as the main sidebar text box. Is there a way for me to add a text box with a different color or transparent background, different font size and color? I’m old school, used to do my coding by hand in html, so I’m thinking I can create a new class in the css to work around this, but I’m not familiar enough with WP to know where and how to do that. Any suggestions?

Jana

Bill Robbins

Jana,

One option would be to use the classes and ID’s that WordPress adds to each widget to style them the way that you’d like to. Each widget of a particular type shares common classes that can be used to style them the same way. Each individual widget also has a unique ID that can be used to style that specific instance of the widget uniquely.

You can use those classes and IDs to change the appearance of the text widgets. Just visit your front page and view the source code there and you’ll be able to see the classes and IDs of those text widgets that you can use to hook your styling on.

If you get stuck there, let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Enjoy your Saturday 🙂

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Plain Text boxes on home page?’ is closed to new replies.