Placing a custom graphic (event announcement) anywhere on top page

Support Area Forums Umami Placing a custom graphic (event announcement) anywhere on top page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://lagrangehouston.com
  • Author
    Fred Rogers
    Participant

Hi, Bill. I need to place a custom graphic somewhere on the page where it will be very visible on the desktop version but also show up near the top of the mobile display. This is for occasional special events. As a temporary fix, I added in the sidebar the bit about John Egan performing this Wednesday. Is there any way that I can do that?

I’m asking late in the process and I understand if you don’t get back soon because of the holidays. Either way, thanks very much and Merry Christmas!

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Fred,

Excellent question there. Here’s what I would suggest. Use a text widget just above the location/hours widget to make those announcements. If your client needs to update this on their own, you might consider using the Black Studio TinyMCE Widget plugin. It adds a “visual editor” widget that has the same editor from the page/post screen that is a bit easier for people not comfortable with HTML.

That would have the information near the top on a mobile device and clearly visible on desktops too.

Have a Merry Christmas,
    Bill

Fred Rogers
    Participant

Thank you, sir! That worked like a charm! All the best for a fantastic 2016 and I hope to talk to you again soon.

Freddy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Placing a custom graphic (event announcement) anywhere on top page’ is closed to new replies.