pictures not showing up side by side

Support Area Forums Elite pictures not showing up side by side

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Carol Fong
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    I have a photo page with many pictures. Some pictures are skipping to the next line, so that the pictures are in a vertical stack. I can’t see why this is happening. I have set the default page to full width, and the page itself is also full width. This is happening to the pictures that are 300 pixels wide. The 150 pixel wide pictures are appearing side by side ok.
    When I look at the backend page edit area, the “visual” tab is showing this correctly, putting the pictures side by side.
    I can email you the url if you need it.

Thanks,
    Carol

Bill Robbins

Carol,

Often times items are a different between the visual editor and the front of the site, especially with layout items like rows of pictures.

If you’ll send over a link to the page, I’ll be glad to take a look for you though.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the URL. Quite a few of the pictures are set to “align none” which will cause them to be on their own line like that. Try switching them to all be align left and see if that works better.

With that many images though, you may want to go with a gallery or a couple of galleries so that they’ll line up neatly. Just a thought though.

Let me know if changing the alignment of them all doesn’t help,
    Bill

Carol Fong
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    Thank you so much! That was the problem. I deleted any reference to alignment to the tags. Good point about adding a gallery. I’ll ask my client if he would rather do that.

Carol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘pictures not showing up side by side’ is closed to new replies.