Permission issue

Support Area Forums Epic Permission issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://church1.haynesandrenee.com
  • Author
    Haynes Cromartie
    Participant

Good morning,

I copy my site from church.haynesandrenee.com to church1.haynesandrenee.com.
    Copied the database.
    Changed the 2 letter prefix of the database from ch to th. I though I needed
    to do this since both sites are on the same server.
    I have set the permission on wp-admin folder to 777.
    Now when I try to log in to the wp-admin and I put in the username and
    password I get redirected to church1.haynesandrenee.com/wp-admin/profile.php. With the following error message you do not have sufficient permission to access this this page.

Any ideas,

Thanks in advance.

Haynes

Bill Robbins

Hello Haynes,

In this case the permission warning means permissions inside WordPress itself. That probably came about with copying the database.

You’re welcome to change the database prefix. You only have to do that if you have two WordPress installs in the same database.

A few things to check.

Inside the database itself, make sure the site URL and WordPress URLs match the new address.

Make sure the wp-config.php file has the new database credentials, prefix and address listed.

Also double check to see if the database prefix did change.

If you still have access to the original site, it may be easier to start the move over. That can be quicker than troubleshooting.

Let me know if I can help.

Bill

Haynes Cromartie
    Participant

Thanks

I tried coping the site again and this time it wanted me to reinstall wordpress I changed the Prefix again and I am back where I started. I can’t log in. I don’t have sufficient permission.

I’ve tried all of your suggestion they just haven’t work.

I still need help.

Thanks

Haynes

Bill Robbins

Sounds like somethings still off with the WordPress setup. If you don’t mind me asking who are you hosting with? The exact steps to take in duplicating a site depend somewhat on the host and how they have their servers set up. They may be able to help you best complete the move. Often times a good host can and will help out here.

You might also look at a plugin to move your site. Most backup plugins also do moves since backing up and restoring a site is essentially the same thing as moving one. I’ve used BackupBuddy numerous times for this because it works well. There are other options too.

Let me know if you get stuck,
    Bill

Haynes Cromartie
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks again.
    Right now I am hosting my own site. I will give backupbuddy a try.

Thanks again.

Haynes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Permission issue’ is closed to new replies.