Permalinks

Support Area Forums Foxy Permalinks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Nicholas Minnich
    Participant

Two things I noticed once I changed the permalinks to be more SEO friendly, from the default page id to the post title…

1. The custom code for my stylesheet that you supplied me with no longer works.

ul#menu-food-navigation li.current-menu-item a {
    color: #e45631;

2. Maybe Google just hasn’t recrawled, but it looks like it is archiving both the primary nav and the mobile nav. For me they are virtually the same. (The mobile site doesn’t have the contact us tab). I want to avoid the duplicates if possible.

http://www.meltgrill.com

Thoughts? Thanks for everything!

Bill Robbins

Nicholas,

1) That’s most interesting. WordPress adds the class that we use to style that and it hasn’t been added since the change. Here’s what I’d suggest. Go to your permalinks and save them twice. That’ll clear the rewrite rules (you don’t have to change them). Then remove the existing food menu items and add them again. See if that doesn’t bring back the current menu items for you.

2) That’s an interesting question. What I understood about duplicate content in regards to SEO had to do when you had the same content at two different URL’s. Like having the full post content on an archive page and the same content on the single view. Wouldn’t the mobile navigation bar point to the same content at the same URL? If that’s the case, I don’t think it’ll give you any duplicate content problems.

Let me know if you need any help,
    Bill

Nicholas Minnich
    Participant

It worked. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Permalinks’ is closed to new replies.