Page titles

Support Area Forums Epic Page titles

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://weber-entertainment.com/kalamazoo-gospel-mission/
  • Author
    Lindsay Hoeflinger
    Participant

I believe what I’m trying to work on would be called a Page Title- I tried looking through the other forums and adding the CSS code solution to the theme options page like stated in a few others, but with no luck. If you access the link I provided, you’ll see that it says

Kalamazoo Gospel Mission

Kalamazoo Gospel Mission

-body text-

I named the menu item, and it defaults that same title on the page- is there a way to hide it? I would like to insert graphic titles on the pages instead, and don’t want to repeat the page title. Help? (And thank you!)

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Lindsay,

Great question there. You can hide the page titles. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Style tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

h1.title {
      	display: none;
      }

3. Update your settings.

If you only want to hide the titles on some pages, you can install a plugin called Style Buddy which adds a box to each page/post where you can add in CSS that only applies to that page. You can use that box to add the snippet above. That way the title will remain everywhere except the spots where you specifically replace it.

I did notice the duplicated title. The smaller one is being added to each page, possibly by a plugin. It’s wrapped in a bit of HTML labeled “WordSection” if that sounds similar to a plugin you’re running.

If you need to hide it, you can do so with this snippet:

.WordSection1 {
    	display: none;
    }

though I would suggest trying to track down what’s adding that and see if you can alter that directly.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Lindsay Hoeflinger
    Participant

Again- thank you! Worked perfectly! I will keep style buddy in mind if we change things up!! Thanks so much! Support with this theme is AWESOME.

Bill Robbins

I’m glad that did the trick for you. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Page titles’ is closed to new replies.