Page format display

Support Area Forums Authentic Page format display

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Nancy
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Nancy,

If you can, I’d suggest updating to the most current version of the theme. We squashed a number of bugs as well as made the site responsive (which means it will work nicely across screen sizes). That last bit should help you out with your header in this instance.

You can download the current version by clicking “Themes & Downloads” above.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Nancy
    Participant

I tried to upgrade, but says I already have the file existing. Any other ideas?

Bill Robbins

Let’s do it this way. You can download the theme with a different folder name from here. WordPress will let you install it using the theme uploader since it has a different folder name.

If you have trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Nancy
    Participant

Thank you for the file, I downloaded it. Will I lose my settings when starting this theme update, like the header, links, and other things when adding a new theme?

Bill Robbins

Here’s how I often go about this:

1. Open up the theme options page in your browser.
    2. Create a new browser window/tab and install the update in the new one.
    3. Go to the new theme options page and copy over your settings.

The widgets, page templates and so on will all stay the same. The options page is different so you’ll have to copy and paste that over. This update make Authentic have the same theme options as the rest of our themes. This step generally isn’t necessary.

Let me know if you need any help,
    Bill

Charles Tyler
    Participant

Bill:
    Can you help. I downloaded the theme to my wordpress site. However, it does not look the same as it did on organized themes.

Bill Robbins

Charles, I just replied to the email you also sent. If I can help, let me know.

Bill

Nancy
    Participant

Ok, I did as you told me, with upgrading the site and I still have the same problem – http://www.davisonumc.org/?page_id=755&preview=true

Bill Robbins

Nancy,

I took a closer look this time and I’m afraid I have bad news. The slideshow plugin here is really poorly written. It doesn’t follow WordPress coding practices which is what’s causing the trouble and also making it tough to fix.

I would delete the plugin and go with a different one. It looks like you already have the NextGen Gallery plugin installed. I believe they have a slideshow that you could use instead.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Page format display’ is closed to new replies.