Original PSD File included for your use?

Support Area Forums Authentic Original PSD File included for your use?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Nick Lusk
    Participant

I can not find the .psd file that was listed as included with purchase of this theme.

Very nice theme though, will suit my church’s purposes and save me a literal ton of dev time. Time I didn’t even really have, so bravo, sir.

Bill Robbins

Nick, I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the theme. Thanks for asking about the PSD. It should be there to download now. Let me know if you need anything else.

Chris Langille
    Participant

Bill, I’m relatively new with WP, and I never really understood the purpose of the PSD file.

Could you elaborate on what I could use it for?

When I downloaded it, Photoshop opened and it looked like a roadmap of the theme.

Is this just to show us where stuff is supposed to go?

Thanks 🙂

Bill Robbins

Basically, all of my themes start out as a design in Photoshop. I then use that design to create the theme. Some people use the PSD to design changes they’d like to make to the theme.

Some of the themes have lots of image elements that are part of the theme itself, so being able to edit the sources of these elements can be helpful. The Authentic theme doesn’t have very many image elements, but the few that are there can be adjusted via the PSD.

Hope that helps.

Maureen Schreyer
    Participant

I’ve got the Foxy theme that has the PSD included – I’d like to adjust / make several changes to headers / positioning (i.e. move everything down a bit to allow room for a logo – as when I place our logo top left now it goes under the menu boxes) – is that something I can do with the PSD file (I’m very proficient in PS) and then replace the exisiting file with my new/edited PSD?

Thanks in advance.

Bill Robbins

Great question. The easiest way to add more room to the header would be to add a bit of custom CSS. Here’s how to do that.

1) Go to the appearance section and select “Theme Options” to open up the theme options page.
    2) Select the “Styling” tab and choose to include custom styling from the drop-down at the top of the tab.
    3) Scroll down to the very bottom until you see a box for Custom CSS
    4) Paste this into the box:

header { margin-bottom: 150px; }

5) Save your changes.

That will actually increase the height for your header area from 112px to 150px. The bottom margin is what actually sets the height of the area between the black bar at the top and the content area. You may need to experiment to get just the right size you need.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Original PSD File included for your use?’ is closed to new replies.