Orders

Support Area Forums Elite Orders

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Julia Parker
    Participant

Ok, so I know this is a naive question but I’m trying to figure out the cart system. I tried to buy something myself to see how it works. I put something in for one dollar. But it didn’t ask me for any bank details at all and told me my order was completed. I was trying the Bacs payment method.

I’ve looked at the orders and it says I have an order there. Is there something I have to do within the Order page itself in order to get the payment? And is this the same with the paypal payments? It seems weird that it wouldn’t ask for payment when they submit their order.

Or are these questions I need to ask Woocommerce somehow? I’ve tried to find a way to contact them but it says I have to have bought a theme directly from them.

Bill Robbins

Hey Julia,

The BACS payment gateway really isn’t a gateway in that it doesn’t accept payments. If you’ll look in the text at the top of the settings page for that payment gateway it essentially says that you’ll need to send someone paying that way your wire transfer information.

With PayPal, the order doesn’t go through until someone actually pays for the merchandise. I use PayPal Pro to process my credit card transactions and it works the same way.

If you don’t have a credit card processor set up yet, I would just go with PayPal until you do. I would also keep it there if you add one in the future too.

If you’re looking for one, Stripe has very good rates and gets good reviews from most people who use it.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Julia Parker
    Participant

Bill, You rock!

Thank you!!!!

Julia

Bill Robbins

🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Orders’ is closed to new replies.