Order Of Sponsors

Support Area Forums Foundation Order Of Sponsors

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Brent Lucas
    Participant

First off I wanted to give many thanks to the Developers of the Foundation template. It has enabled us to have a very high impact site at low cost, putting more money towards to causes we support. THANK YOU!

I have two sponsor groups set up in the Foundation template, and they are nested in my menu under a hard link.

I want to change the order of how the sponsors show up. I ahve tried using the “order” field but it has no affect.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Bill Robbins

Brent,

I’m glad to hear the theme has worked out well for you guys. We made it hoping to help organizations have a great site for a reasonable cost.

Generally you can use the “order” field to rearrange the sponsors in your list. I just gave it a try in the demo to make sure that it worked there and it did. The next fallback WordPress would go to is date order. I have a site I made for a customer back before WordPress had custom post types and we had to set the order of his staff by the publish date. This week I had to set their new staff member’s publish date back to April 2010 to get it in the right spot.

In the demo right now, Target is set to 1, Coke 2, Nike 5, Starbucks 7.

As far as WordPress is concerned, the order affects all sponsors regardless of their group too. It views them as one list and that list can be broken down into different groups.

If you still have trouble setting the order, let me know.

Bill

Brent Lucas
    Participant

That’s got it Bill, not sure why I didn’t get result from the order field the first time, but its working now.

Probably caching issue!

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that worked. I’ve spent way too much time trying to “debug” code that was cached so I feel your pain.

If I can help, let me know

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Order Of Sponsors’ is closed to new replies.