One Page Title halfed

Support Area Forums Moonrise One Page Title halfed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.teamtrapped.com
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Bil,

I have two questions:

I went trough the forum but I couldn’t find the answer to my problems. I created a OnePage website using the topic ‘Linking from Menu to within the home page’. It works well except when I click the primary nav outside the Home page. The link does bring me back to the right block on the Home page but the Title is partly hidden behind the Header. Do you know what i did wrong?

I also can’t seem to get my staff featured image te be displayed on either the Home page and the Post itself. I have no idea what went wrong.

Thank you!

Jeroen

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Jeroen,

Great questions there. Let’s tackle the staff images. For some reason the images would not show for me in Safari, but they would in Chrome. I made a copy of one of your staff pages to experiment on the code with a bit. I found if I used one of the images from the demo with your code it would show. Next I tried adding one of your images to my server and it showed up there as well (see attached screenshot).

Why that is, I have no idea. I did notice the sizes were listed twice at the end of the file name instead of the typical once. It shouldn’t make a difference, but I did take those out before I uploaded the file.

You might try changing the file name and uploading again. Let me know what you turn up there.

The navigation issue is a bit trickier. The links are set to go to a “box” on the home page. Web browsers will place the box with a specific ID at the very top of the window. Typically that’s a good thing, but since we’re using a fixed header, it’ll cover up the top portion.

The reason it doesn’t do that on the home page is we use a bit of javascript to tell the link to scroll down another 100 pixels from the top. Unfortunately that isn’t an option when going from one page to another. And I don’t have a solution for you here. It’s something I’ve considered quite a bit, but never worked anything satisfactory out.

Let me know how things go with the staff pictures and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

Thanks Bill,

I changed the name and uploaded the staff images but nothing changes. A friend of mine can see the images probably because he uses Chrome. I’m using firefox. Firefox is up-to-date and that is as far as my knowledge of browsers reaches.

Keep me posted if you find a solution for the navigation issue!

Happy hollidays!

Jeroen

Bill Robbins

It happens to me in Safari as well. Would you mind letting me log into your site and see if I can get to the bottom of things? You can mark a reply here in the forum as private and I’ll be the only one who can see it.

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks Jeroen. Is there a separate server login that you have to use to reach the wp-admin section?

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘One Page Title halfed’ is closed to new replies.