Number of slides in the slideshow

Support Area Forums Foundation Number of slides in the slideshow

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Richard Oliver
    Participant

Does the slide show on the homepage only show a limited number of slides? I added slides to the slide show but they did not show up. I changed some of the existing slides to draft, and then some of the new ones showed up.

Bill Robbins

The theme was set to display up to five, but you can change it to display every slide if you’d like to. Here’s how:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose home.php and look for this spot:
      ‘posts_per_page’ => 5,
    3. Change the 5 to -1 and save your changes.

That should cause every published slide to be visible. If you have several, do be careful that it’s not slowing down your page load time.

If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Richard Oliver
    Participant

Thanks a lot that did the trick. I will probably use some pictures and save the others as drafts then just publish some and change other to draft.

rainbowsplash
    Participant

Thanks. I wanted to know how to do that as well.
    uhmm…posts_per_page isn’t in my hom.php page for Authentic. Is there a different page I should go to?

rainbowsplash
    Participant

Got it to work. After 12 pics in the slideshow, however, the little circular buttons only go across halfway and then jump to a second level, not all the way across as one would expect. That said, I’m fine with 12!! I could certainly add more, but probably not necessary. http://www.quincypeeps.org

Robert Mlenek
    Participant

I guess I haven’t been able to figure out how to display mulitple pictures. I can only show the featured image, no other photos appear… maybe I am not doing something right?

Bill Robbins

Robert, just to be clear are you looking to add pictures other than a featured one in a page/post?

If that’s the case, once you upload an image, if you’ll look down near the bottom of the resulting dialogue you’ll see an “Insert” button. Just click it and the image will be inserted where ever your cursor is. There are also lots of options there regarding size and alignment as well as any links you’d like the image to have.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Valerio Cianci
    Participant

Hello Bill,
    I trying to change the number of picture but I can’t find this string ‘posts_per_page’ => 5, in the home.php I have ‘posts_per_page’ => “.of_get_option(‘slide_number’,”)

I set on the Theme option the number of slide to 8 but I can see only 4.

Can you help me?

Valerio Cianci
    Participant
    Bill Robbins

Thanks for the link. Progress is set to let you change the number inside the options page. If you’re having trouble you can change it manually. Here’s the line you’ll need to change inside home.php:

<?php $loop = new WP_Query( array( ‘post_type’ => ‘slide’, ‘posts_per_page’ => “.of_get_option(‘slide_number’,”).”, ‘orderby’=>’menu_order’, ‘order’=>’ASC’ ) ); ?>

Here’s what you’ll want to replace it with:

And save your changes. That will set the slideshow to show all published slides with featured images.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Great looking cars by the way.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

rainbowsplash
    Participant

After 12 pics in the slideshow, the little circular buttons only go across halfway and then jump to a second level, not all the way across as one would expect.
    By changing 50% to 15% in the style sheet, they’ll go straight across and you can have more pics without covering the images:

.orbit-bullets {
    bottom: -57px;
    left: 15%;
    list-style: none outside none;
    margin-left: -50px;
    padding: 0;
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 1000;
    }

Idris Abdul-Zahir
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to WordPress. I’ve successfully loaded the Foundation theme & uploaded my pics to the media library. I’ve managed to set a featured image but how to do I create a slideshow on the home page? I want 3 different pics to cycle. How do I edit the items on the home page altogether? I know how wordpress works in general but I’m having a tough time with making changes to the Home page that comes with the Foundation Theme. Please help. Thanks. Here’s the link: http://masjidfreehaven.org/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Number of slides in the slideshow’ is closed to new replies.