Not able to post and update content

Support Area Forums Live Not able to post and update content

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Shannon Vasilinda
    Participant

Hi Bill
    Recently have not been able to post or update content in anyway on our site. When you try to post or update it takes you back to the sites homepage. Our hosting service was trying to help out the person who runs the site now and they sent us this comment. Any suggestions?
    I see your Live Theme Seems to be a possible culprit here

It appears this theme has not been updates since 2012

Please let us know if you can obtain a Current Version of this theme. If not you may be able to seek assistance from the developer as it appear the theme is calling for a few deprecated functions.

An Example:
    Notice: get_current_theme is deprecated since version 3.4! Use wp_get_theme() instead. in /home/lshsband/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3391
    Used:
    /home/lshsband/public_html/wp-content/themes/live/includes/theme-options.php:2:$settings = get_current_theme().’-options’; // do not change!
    /home/lshsband/public_html/wp-content/themes/live/includes/theme-options.php:49<h2><?php echo get_current_theme() . ‘ ‘; _e(‘Theme Options’); ?></h2>

Notice: add_custom_background is deprecated since version 3.4! Use add_theme_support( ‘custom-background’, $args ) instead. in /home/lshsband/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3391
    Used:
    /home/lshsband/public_html/wp-content/themes/live/functions.php:55:add_custom_background();

Bill Robbins

Hello Shannon,

You’re welcome to update the theme. The current version will always be in the Downloads section of the site (https://support.organizedthemes.com/downloads/).

You may be able to install the theme just like you would a new WordPress theme. It may give you an error saying that the folder already exists. If you get that error, unzip the live.zip file you’ve downloaded and rename the folder live-update and then zip it back up again. That should let you install it like you would a new theme.

I haven’t tested a version of Live from that long ago so I don’t know if there are any issues with current version of WordPress. You can test to see if it’s the theme by changing to one of the default themes like TwentyFifteen and see if the problem persists. If it does, then it’s not theme related.

Let me know if I can help out,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Not able to post and update content’ is closed to new replies.