No option for email on staff page

Support Area Forums Kerygma No option for email on staff page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://avenueumc.com
  • Author
    aumc
    Participant

I apologize for the novice question, but I’m using the Kerygma theme and have had a couple of issues . . .
    1) The email line doesn’t appear in the staff details section on the individual staff pages and I can’t figure out where to find it or how to make it appear.
    2) On pages where I don’t put a featured image in the hero section, the page logo sits over the top of the content header and I can’t figure out how to move the content down. (A great example of this is on the auto generated staff pages.).
    I think that’s it for right now. Thanks for your help!!

Bill Robbins

Hello Tom,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. Let’s see if we can help you with your questions.

Staff Email Address
    When you edit a staff member, the spot for the email address should be between the “title” and phone number fields (see attached screenshot). The address that’s entered there should be visible on the front end of the site and also be a clickable link if the user has a default email application set up on their computer.

Header Covering Content
    It is possible to move the content area down a bit further on the screen. Another option would be to make the logo smaller so it doesn’t make the header quite that large. That should keep the header from covering up the content.

If you’d like to keep the logo that size, it’s possible to move the content down. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

#page-wrap {
      	margin-top: 230px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

aumc
    Participant

Bill,
    Thanks so much for the note. It was spot on for the Logo Fix, and I’m already working on it.

However, the email line is still simply missing. When I go into the HTML, there seems to be an “if-then” kind of statement attached to the email piece for the staff page. Apparently, I don’t something set up right to meet the needs of the this piece of code and display the email line. I’m still confused.

Thanks!!

Bill Robbins

Tom,

Any chance you could send over a login to your site so I can take a look at the backend for you? The front end of the staff does depend on that conditional statement. If an email address is entered in the staff member’s information, then it’ll display on the front, like the phone number title and other elements do. If it’s missing on the backend, I’ll probably have to take a look to get to the bottom of it. You can make a private reply here in the forum and no one but me will be able to see it.

Thanks,
    Bill

aumc
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending that over. I did some digging around and it appears likely that there is some conflict with a plugin. Typically I could disable the active plugins and then turn them on, one by one to find the source of the conflict, but in this case, it’s not possible to deactivate them.

So instead, I enabled “custom fields” for your staff members. Since the box for the email address refuses to appear, you can add it in directly via the custom fields.

If you’ll edit your own staff member profile, you’ll see the spot for custom fields down below the social network links. On the left is the “key” which in this case will be email_address and on the right is the value, where you’ll actually enter your email address. Once you’ve done that you can update the field and then update/publish your staff member. That should allow the email address to appear for you.

Let me know if you run into any trouble there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘No option for email on staff page’ is closed to new replies.