No navigation on ipad

Support Area Forums Umami No navigation on ipad

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Advanced
    Participant

Hello Bill,

Someone I did a site for using the Umami theme contacted me and said that there was no navigation bar or anything on his site when using an ipad. It just shows the slider and nothing more. I just tested it with your website here using that theme and the same thing is happening.

I was wondering if you could check this out and let me know a fix for it.

Thanks,
    Susan

Bill Robbins

Susan,

The original iPad won’t display the animations that load in the sidebar. Thankfully those are few and far in between now Asa percentage of users. The limitation was fixed in iOS 6 so everyone from that point on is in good shape.

I’ve attached a screenshot from my iPad Mini to this post for you too.

There’s a post at https://support.organizedthemes.com/forums/topic/ipads/ that can show you how to remove the animations.

Bill

Attachments:
    Advanced
    Participant

Hello,

I see it does look good on your ipad. I’ve put the coding in where you said to stop the animation, but nothing has changed, and it just shows the slideshow. I don’t know if there is any way to get around this. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks

Bill Robbins

If you want to send over the link to where you’re working with it, I can take a look and see what’s up.

Advanced
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

I took a look this morning on my original iPad (running iOS 5.1.1) and everything appeared as expected there.

You might try clearing out your cache there and refreshing the page and see it will pop up now. There was no animation and the sidebar was present from the beginning.

Let me know if still have trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘No navigation on ipad’ is closed to new replies.