Newsletter Subscription W/ Social Media

Support Area Forums Kerygma Newsletter Subscription W/ Social Media

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://student.knueven.org/
  • Author
    Participant

On the bottom of the Organized THemes website there is newsletter subscription form that includes social media.

how can i create this for my site?

Bill Robbins

Hello Zac,

Good question. I don’t know of an off-the-shelf sign up/social icon combo like that in a plugin. I took the sign up form from inside my MailChimp account and then hard coded it into the footer.

You can add in a sign up form for MailChimp or another newsletter service via a plugin pretty easily or by adding an embeddable form into a text widget. Then the social icons can either be in your footer or added via another widget. That’s the simplest option.

If you need me to create a combo box for you I can. We could add it as a custom child theme for $50 or so.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Participant

great!

i think i like the simple option the best. i have a mailchimp account but i see several plugins for it? which on did you create this from?

Bill Robbins

Inside your MailChimp account there is a form builder. You can use it to create a form and MailChimp will give you the code for that form. From there you can add it to a text widget and add it to your site. That’s one way to get what you want while skipping a plugin too.

That’s basically what I did on my own site.

Participant

perfect

Last question about this:

If mailchimp will generate code for me where do i put it so that it goes where i want it to on my site?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Newsletter Subscription W/ Social Media’ is closed to new replies.