Newbie Help

Support Area Forums Moonrise Newbie Help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Jim Berry
    Participant

Have a dev (offline) site up and running WP 4.4. When using the default WP themes all appears to work normally. After installing the moonrise theme I get a series of “The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0!” errors. I imagine its something simple I just don’t know what. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. It sounds like the site has developer notifications turned on which is why you’re receiving those notices. WordPress is changing how the code at the top of widgets is crafted. The previous version will continue to work for some time; the notification is there to let me know to change that with a theme update.

You can turn those notifications off. Here’s how to do that:

1. Use either the file browser in your web host’s control panel or a FTP program to open up your WordPress files on your server. If you’re developing locally you can just visit those files directly without using a separate program.
    2. Locate the wp-config.php file that’s in the root directory of your WordPress site and edit it.
    3. Look for a line like this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

and change the true to false. If you don’t see that line, add it at the bottom of the file with it set to false.

4. Save your changes.

That should disable the notification for you. If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Newbie Help’ is closed to new replies.