New website help

Support Area Forums Foxy New website help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Mike Merrill
    Participant

I am using Foxy for a new restaurant and need a bit of help. I have searched the forums to no avail.

Website is live at http://pasqualinasrestaurant.com

On some of the menu categories, ie Pasta, there are more than 10 menu items, a next button, the rest of the items with back button on next page. How can I get there to display on a single page?

Also, on a few of the menu categories, I would like to include text above, and/or, below the menu items. Text would be something like “Served with a House Salad” or “Served with a House Salad, Vegetable and Potato Del Giorno or Pasta Del Giorno Marinara”

Great product so far, keep up the good work,
    Mike

Mike Merrill
    Participant

>>Also, on a few of the menu categories, I would like to include text above, and/or, below the menu items.

I figured this one out, the top part at least, but would like to know if there is a way to post underneath the menu items too.

Bill Robbins

Mike,

Thank you for your business first of all. There are a couple of ways to change the number of menu items that are displayed. The quickest way is to go the the Settings section of your WordPress control panel and select Reading. There you change the number of “posts per page” to a number larger than 10. That will cause more menu items to be shown on each page. This method will also affect how many posts are visible on each blog page if you have a blog too.

You can also make an edit to the theme, so that you don’t affect the number of blog posts per page. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the them editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right choose taxonomy-menu-group.php and look for this spot:

<?php $posts = query_posts( $query_string . ‘&orderby=menu_order&order=asc’ ); ?>

3. Replace it with this:

4. Save your changes

That should cause all menu items to be visible at one time.

I’m glad you discovered the Menu Group description is visible above the menu items. There isn’t a corresponding way to add text below the list of food, but that preclude you from being able to do that completely.

If you’d like to add something that appears on all menu pages, then that could be added directly to the file we edited above.

Let me know exactly what you’re wanting to do and I’ll give you instructions on how to go about it.

Thanks,
    Bill Robbins

Mike Merrill
    Participant

Bill,

Changing the setting in the reading section worked just fine. No worries about it causing to long of a blog as they have no plans for a blog, thank god as they are technically challenged. Leaving the menu group description as is for now, if they end up wanting it at the bottom I will ask you how. Thanks for the fast help–Mike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘New website help’ is closed to new replies.