NEW VERSION

Support Area Forums Grassroots NEW VERSION

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    hellen otii
    Participant

Greetings, is the new version of this theme stable? I updated, added a menu, and now site is not working. I can’t access WordPress have to reinstall completely.

Thanks,

Hellen

Bill Robbins

Hello Hellen,

So sorry to hear about the trouble there. I haven’t run into any issues like that with version 1.0.2 so far. It came out back on January 16.

If you’re seeing just a white screen, here’s what you can do to unfreeze things. In your web host’s control panel’s file browser, or a FTP program, go to the wp-content directory on your site. Change the “themes” folder name to themes1 and the plugins folder name to plugins1. That will manually deactivate all themes and plugins on your site for you.

You should then be able to log into your WP admin then. From here go to the plugins screen and you’ll get an error message saying the plugins have been deactivated due to their not being there.

Then you can change the folder names back. Switch to one of the TwentyFifteen theme. Update any plugins that have pending updates. Then turn your plugins back on, one by one and make sure all is well. Then reactivate the Grassroots theme. It should redirect you to the Theme Options page. Go on and save it, even if you don’t make any changes.

If you run into trouble, let me know what happened and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘NEW VERSION’ is closed to new replies.