new menu group not showing up in drop down.

Support Area Forums Moonrise new menu group not showing up in drop down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    kevin lillestol
    Participant

I have added a “Breakfast” and Lunch & Dinner” to the menu groups. It does not show up in the drop down though.

Bill Robbins

Kevin,

Thank you for your business first of all. Only menu groups that have items published in them will be visible in the drop-downs (that’s also true of service groups, staff groups and post categories). Make sure you have at least one item published in any group you’d like to select.

If they still don’t show up there for you, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

kevin lillestol
    Participant

The legacy drop downs when hovering over menu are Appetizers, Tapas, Salads, Entrees, Desserts. My breakfast menu has 3 items in it. When I go to the appearance section of the theme I see the drop downs above but not the breakfast or lunch & dinner.

I add say an omlette to the new food item and assign it to breakfast. I then publish and when I hit view it looks like a blog post with just the name on it.

hmmm….

Bill Robbins

I’m a little unclear as to where you’re not seeing your menu groups. Are you unable to find them in the navigation builder (Appearance > Menu) or in the theme options (Appearance > Theme Options).

If you don’t see them in the navigation builder, you can click view all in the menu group box that’s in the left hand column. That will display all menu groups even if there are no items published in it. If you don’t see the menu group box there, click screen options in the top right hand corner and make sure the box next to “menu groups” is checked.

For the individual food items you are correct. The theme doesn’t link to the individual menu items so if you click to view one from the WordPress admin it will look like a post. Since it’s not linked to from any place on the front-end of the site, you’re visitors won’t end up there. They’re made to be viewed in a list and not individually.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

kevin lillestol
    Participant

I do not see them in the appearance>menu area. I see Menu then I see appetizer (indented) which translates to the dropdown when I hover on menu on the home page. How do I get my “Breakfast” Menu to show up indented unter the Menu?

Breakfast has items in it.

Bill Robbins

Can you email a login to support@organizedthemes.com so I can take a look?

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘new menu group not showing up in drop down.’ is closed to new replies.