NEw FRont Page Templat

Support Area Forums Forward NEw FRont Page Templat

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://htts|//broken-promises.com
  • Author
    HDTV-Entertainment
    Participant

HEy,

O use both progress and forward on my multisite.
    ID like to transfer my main site on progress to forward, but it looks like a lot of work. EAch of my subsides on forward need membership area which I plan to do simply by using a different front page template and menus for the member area. THat requires an additional front page template.

I di scored a add on plugin called I,pact that will build templates. YOu then plug the panel short ode into each panel to recreate exist sites. I think. THat would allow me to use different me use, etc.

are there short codes for you template designs that one could use?
    where can I find what they are?

ridk

Bill Robbins

Hey Rick,

Generally speaking WordPress themes don’t use shortcodes for the elements that make up the theme (header, footer, sidebar, content area). Generally shortcodes that are in themes are more for things like buttons, tabbed areas, and things like that. That doesn’t sound like what you’re going for here. I believe that plugin is an early version of one of the page building plugins that came later. It also looks like it has been abandoned since it’s been over two years since it was updated. Might still work.

Let’s take a step back. What do you need on your home page that’s different between the logged in version and the logged out one? Start there and then look at the features of your membership plugin and see what it has that can facilitate that for you. If you need a separate page template, you can create one, but you might not. Most membership plugins are built with the idea of showing one thing to paying members and another to people who are logged out. They may already have what you need.

Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘NEw FRont Page Templat’ is closed to new replies.