New Agengy Theme

Support Area Forums Agency New Agengy Theme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    John Uetz
    Participant

There are a few questions I have about the new Agency theme. I’m just now upgrading from the old version to the new responsive design. I had heavily customized the last one so it took me awhile to get around to it.
    1) I’m very happy to see that there is now a “featured page” widget. I had to use a work around for the longest time because in the old version there was only a “featured post”. But now I see featured post is gone. Is there anyway to put this back? So that we can have both featured posts and featured pages?
    2) the image for the featured post is doing something weird. i know the box if 314×187 but when i upload that size image…it gets resized somehow to 313×177 and there is a 10pixel gap at the bottom. why is that?

Bill Robbins

John,

Great questions. I’ve made a plugin out of the featured post widget that you’re welcome to use. You can download it here.

The theme will size the featured images to be 314 pixels wide by 177 pixels tall. You can change that though. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose images.php and look for this line:

add_image_size('sidebar-featured', 314, 177, true);

The 314 is the width and the 177 is the height in pixels. Change those to the dimensions you’d like to have.

3. Save your changes.

That wil affect all images uploaded after the change was made. To change any existing images, you’ll need to use the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘New Agengy Theme’ is closed to new replies.