need help with making the gallery

Support Area Forums Foxy need help with making the gallery

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Clare Thwaites
    Participant

Need some help using the wordpress gallery please 🙂

I followed your instructions on your help pages about the gallery.

It’s a bit confusing!

Here is my test page : http://stef.electroluxart.com/gallery

The method you show in that video is using images that you upload specifically FOR the gallery.

What if you have ALREADY uploaded the images, how do you THEN add them to a gallery??

I tried just adding them to the post ie choosing from my media library NOT from my computer and bul uploading –

– but could only do it one by one and the gallery option never came up – I ONLY got the gallery option if I uploaded a few images together, and even then you only see it AFTER you hit save and it looks like you are NOT going to get it!

PLease could you add this to your video as I think this will confuse people and you’ll just get some support tickets about it!

Then, when I DID manage to get 4 test images into a gallery (this is 4 that I have ALREADY uploaded, and I had to upload the SAME images again all at once, just to get them to go into a gallery!!) – the code was this:

[gallery link="file"]

NOT just [gallery] like you said in the video – as I tried this and it didn’t do anything… not saying it’s wrong – haha – I’m saying please explain to me how to use it as I don’t know!!

So please can you tell me how I can make a gallery using images I have ALREADY uploaded – AND for example, in maybe 6 months time, add more images to this same gallery??

Thank you!

P.S. I LOVE that if you just put an image on its own into a page or post, and click it you get the lightbox effect – like a gallery of that one picture all on its own.

P.P.S. Please tell me how I can change the font and size of that font, that comes up UNDER the picture, with the picture title?? I’d like to make it bigger and all in caps and a really nice sans serif font that I will likely use for the rest of the body text too??

Bill Robbins

Clare,

Here’s the style that in the style.css that controls the text in the lightbox:

#fancybox-title {
    position: absolute;
    bottom: 0;
    left: 0;
    font-size: 12px;
    z-index: 1102;
    }

You can edit the font-size there and also add a color if you’d like to change that too. You’ll want to leave the positioning as it is to make sure it’s visible.

Sorry the gallery video made things confusing for you with the theme. As of now, WordPress doesn’t have a built in way to add images to a page/post gallery outside of uploading them on that page/post. There are some significant upgrades planned for WordPress 3.5 in regards to media so this may change at some point.

The version in the theme is set to hijack the attachment control and force it to be file even if you just use the [gallery]. I have on my to-do list to change to rewrite this from the ground up at some point this fall to make that better for everyone.

Bill

Clare Thwaites
    Participant

Hey Bill thanks for the reply 🙂

No worries about the video, it’s not that confusing, it’s just I always seem to want to do things a bit differently!

So right now you are saying there is NO WAY to make a gallery OTHER THAN, to upload ALL of the images I want to that gallery, when I make the page?

So if in the future we wanted to add more images, I’d have to delete the gallery from that page and re-upload all of those images including the new ones??

Not a problem, just want to be clear here if that IS how it works and I will put them all in a separate folder so we can add new ones to there also.

So the code, please tell me if this is correct:

#fancybox-title {
    font-size: 12px;
    font-color: FF0000;
    font-family:”Origin”, Sans Serif;
    }

?? IS there a way to force it to write the title in capital letters??

Could I combine some elements, ie :

#fancybox-title {
    font: 12px, FF0000, Origin, Sans Serif;
    }

?? I am looking here : http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_font_font.asp

Sorry I am not asking you to teach me coding, I just would like to get this right!

Thank you SO MUCH 🙂

Bill Robbins

Clare,

Great question. The images can be uploaded a different times, just as long as they are on the same page/post. You can’t add images from another page/post or that were added via the Media > Add New option.

I sometimes use a plugin called Gallery Metabox which shows in your editor all the images that would be included in the gallery on that page.

You can combine the various font attributes. To make them uppercase, you can add this:

text-transform: uppercase;

I hope that helps out,
    Bill

Clare Thwaites
    Participant

Hey Bill,

Thanks for this.

Please could you check out this thread where I am asking if I can add a font that is NOT in the fontific library?

I have added it in here:

#fancybox-title {
    font: 12px, FF0000, Origin, Sans Serif;
    }

But I am thinking I need to define it somewhere first???

Do I?? 🙂

Do I need a hashtag before the hex color or is it OK without ??

Please can you confirm if this html is correct and will work??

#fancybox-title {
    font: 15px, #FF0000, Origin, Sans Serif;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    }

Thank you SO MUCH! Clare 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘need help with making the gallery’ is closed to new replies.