Need help setting up WooCommerce

Support Area Forums Grassroots Need help setting up WooCommerce

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Debbie Ethell
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I have been working on setting up my WooCommerce site to be able to accept donations the past several hours and I just can’t get it to work. Are there any old posts that I am just not finding that you could forward to me? I’ve watched every video I could find on YouTube.

I have the short codes for the cart and checkout pages but the cart page is somehow over-riding the checkout page. Weird, I know. My PayPal account is all set up as well but cannot even get that to show. And when I click on the “Donate” button from my Donate page – nothing happens. I’m at my wits end.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Debbie

Bill Robbins

Hi Debbie,

I tried clicking on the donate button on your campaign. It did let me add a $20 donation to the cart. I’ve attached a screenshot of the confirmation of that.

What I often do is set the site to redirect to the cart when a product is added. In your WooCommerce settings, click on “Products” and then the display link at the top. Look for this option “Redirect to the cart page after successful addition” and check the box by it. Then save your settings.

That will cause your visitors to be redirected to your cart when they added a donation. I would also suggest having your cart in the navigation menu someplace. That way users can get there that way as well.

I think you have things set up right. Turn on the redirect to cart and add a link and that should help donors follow the checkout “funnel” like you want them to.

Bill

Debbie Ethell
    Participant

Thanks for checking on that Bill. I checked the box to “redirect to cart” and that is just what I wanted.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Need help setting up WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.