Need 2 Staff Pages

Support Area Forums Foundation Need 2 Staff Pages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Marisa
    Participant

I need 2 STAFF pages, but I need one entitled Staff and I need one entitled Board Members, but they are both going to have similar content so I really need to use the same template.

Please Help!

Bill Robbins

You can do that. You’ll need to create a staff type for both groups (call one staff, one board members for example). Then add the correct individuals to each group by clicking the appropriate box on the right hand column when creating a new staff member.

Once you’ve added at least one to each group, you can then add each staff type to your menus. To do that go to the appearance section and select menu. You may need to click the “Screen Options” tab in the top right to make sure that the box next to “Staff Type” is selected.

Now you can add your staff types to your navigation just as you would a post category or page. Once you save your changes, that will effectively create two separate staff lists.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Marisa
    Participant

I did everything like you explained. but my board member is showing up on the staff page even though I created 2 staff types: Oasis Staff and Board Members. In my menu I was able to add Board Members, but Oasis Staff is not showing up , only Staff is.

Bill Robbins

Amanda,

There is a bit more detailed discussion on this post (it includes a couple of screenshots too):

You’ll use the staff-types added directly instead of the staff member page template. The page template displays all staff members in one list.

If in the navigation builder you’re missing a staff type from the list to add to your menu, try clicking the “view all” tab under staff type and see if it’s listed there. If it isn’t, then click on staff and then select staff type. Make sure that your other staff type is listed there. If it isn’t, you’ll need to add it again.

For best results, add a staff member to each staff type before you add it to your navigation.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Need 2 Staff Pages’ is closed to new replies.